Monday 16 December 2013

School Work



So, today Mr. Heasman decided to throw a million different topics to journal about. And WOW. I need catch up. I would first like to note that I didn't know we were suppose to do a little entry on everything little thing we did. But, what ever. So, this entry is just going to be everywhere. From the canoe trip to my presentation. So, lets begin.
Lets begin with the presentation speeches, because that is the first thing on the list mt teacher gave us. We chose our topic because in CELP my teacher, Mr. Barr, mentioned for a split second. And, out of everything I learned in the class, that is what stuck with me. I told Ronja and she said sure, so I told the idea to Mr. Heasman and he said "Well, I think that you can find a better one." I was put a back. People chose fake snow, plastic, coral. Not that they were boring, it's just that I knew about it already. He said to find a topic people didn't know about. So, when he said no, a fire burned in me to have the amphibians presentation happen. And it did! I learned so much. You can find out about all the information in an earlier post. Like did you know...... What is happening to amphibians now, may happen to an other species later. Who knew?
Look at them cuties
I feel we did very well, considering we did go first. I got fours and threes on the rubric. The thing took away all fours is that I was being silly, and that we were way to long. About 3 minutes off. OOOOOOO! But, I feel that I need to do more back ground information to be able to answer questions, and to practice more so I feel more comfortable in front of the class.
Meanwhile there were some VERY amazing presentations. The three main highlights were that I got to learn so much from others, and I extremely enjoyed it. I also liked Ethan's and I want to say... Nik's? presentation. They were very good together. I also liked seeing a side of people I have never seen before, I might not have ever gotten the chance to see me peers like they were on  stage. It was brilliant.
The presentations were over all fantastic. I have changed my life in a few everyday ways: I make sure every tap I go by is all the way off, I unplug my phone charger, I pick up litter my friends leave, I educate people and the list goes on. I feel good because I know that I am doing something to help the world, and over all help me, and the people I love.



Now I am going to turn the table to the canoe trip way back in October. I missed a question on the sheet, asking me if I learned any life lessons. And I have, I learned to live in the moment and take risks. I lived in the moment when I flipped the canoe (accidentally) with Steph. If i thought about the future, and how I might be cold, or being embarrassed,  I might have been VERY angry. I learned to take risks when I tried steering the boat. WOW! I was scared I was going to let my group down, but I did it! I was so happy!

Lastly, Parker got Portage Monster, and he deserved it from our group, he carried a canoe all by him self for the long portages, but in my opinion I believe that Robert should have gotten Superstar instead of Ronja. He didn't hesitate to help when they flipped the canoe, he got water by himself, he cooked most of our meals, he was fun, and the list goes on. But, that's just my opinion.


Lastly, here are some photos that remind me of the presentations:



No comments:

Post a Comment