Monday 18 November 2013

My Project on Amphibians

Last week Mr. Heasman told us to think about a project topic. I thought about coral reefs, and the bees disappearing. Then I thought of all the different things that we taught in Earthkeepers when I was in CELP. I remembered Mr. Barr talking about how amphibians are disappearing at an alarming rate. And I knew this would make for an excellent project topic. I found a partner, Ronja, and we told Mr. Heasman our idea. He gave us this funny look, then said something along the lines of-"Do you think that will captivate an audience? Go think of some more ideas." Se we did. Meanwhile people were going up to him saying they want to do their projects on topics like plastic water bottles, nuclear waste and so on. They were all getting the nod. How is plastic water bottles more interesting then amphibians? Maybe it's just me...
Anyway, I ended up just telling him that we are doing ours on amphibians, without him saying yes or no. I found out a lot of information on the topic. Like did you know that the fate of the amphibians right now, will be out fate in the future? Huh? I am just scared that our presentation will suck. Oh well, what can you do.
Ronja and I present first on Monday. I must admit, I can't wait till we are done! Mr. Heasman said that since we go first he will be the easiest on us. Meanwhile the people who go last (Parker, Robbie, Scott and Raymond) get the hardest marking because he gives tips after each day. So, there is a plus, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment