Thursday 12 September 2013

Swim Test

Today during Outdoor Ed we headed over to the Centennial pool for a swim test to find out if we will need our life jacket with us the whole time we are in the water. We get there, get changed and wait for everyone to meet at the pool. While waiting I feel my nose running, so I grab a Kleenex supplied by the office and wipe my nose, and a huge stream of blood is flowing into the tissue. I have to go to the change room and clean myself up. Then I go back down to the pool when I am all fit and ready to hear the instructions.
My teacher called everyone's name and what group they were in, but with us in a indoor pool, it all echoed together to make one constant yell. When everyone dispersed to their spots I asked the teacher to clarify what group I am. He said I was in the last group. So I set up there.
When it was our turn we had to many people in our group. We all fit into the pool, and went off to do a lap in our clothing. (T-shirt, pants and a life jacket). I get to the end of the pool. I asked my teacher if he wanted me in the second group, where i belonged in the first place. He said sure. After I started to talk to Parker about what ever we were talking about at that moment. I looked away, and he quickly said "Cara, look at me." So I did, and he told me I had a bloody nose. I reached up to my nose and saw on my finger that there was blood. I told my teacher and ran right back to the change room to clean up. It took literally ten seconds to clean. And I went back down to the pool. The second group just left to do laps without clothing on when I re-entered the pool, so I went back to the original last group.
When the life guard said we could start our laps, it started out fine, I felt good about what I was doing. But, by the third lap, my arms started to burn. Oh. My. Goodness.  I soon went to the breast stroke, instead of the front crawl.
When we finished my group got out and we watched the first two groups tread water for five minutes. They sang songs, and looked like they were having a good time. When my group went in it was quiet. Little conversations, but no yelling words to the songs like the previous group.
I had to help a girl in my class stay up, since she was a weak swimmer. I treading water for two people. She did that for a minute, and then did the last minute on her own.
When we were done we played a polo like game and then left to go back to G.C.
On the bus ride home Parker convinced Robbie he had a kid, he even got me to believe it, even though I knew it was a lie. It was very funny.
When we got back to the class, I just missed Parenting, and got to go to Outdoor Ed. I felt kind of like I was in a community there. Everyone was playing or helping each other with jobs that had to be done. It felt really nice. I even talked to this boy named Matthias about math. I don't think I ever had a conversation with him about anything.
Over all it was a good day. Tomorrow we are writing two names on a peice of paper saying who we want in our tents. I think I will write Parker, and Ronnia. (Not sure of the spelling, she is an exchange student from Germany, but she seems to be awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment